POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Before and After and new website : Re: Before and After and new website Server Time
29 Apr 2024 08:41:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before and After and new website
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 1 May 2007 17:35:03
Message: <web.4637b20762a9bf117fdcaa5f0@news.povray.org>
Comments for TC-RTC March/April 2007

Congratulations on coming up with a fun and creative take on the topic.

came out nicely.  Ignore any detracting comments you might get from the

personality than any slavishly literal recreation.

I found the lighting interesting, but it did raise a question in my mind: Is
either side of the wall the interior of a structure?  Light (sunlight?)

thoughtful way.  The sense of loss it conveys is moving without being

Very nicely done! Self-referential art only works well on certain occasions,
but this is clearly one of those occasions.  Along with demonstrating
impressive technical skills, the image interprets the topic in a manner
that evokes the passage of time in palpable fashion.

description.  The symbolism is clear and effective.  The complete absence
of clutter in the background helps in this regard.  The slightly

sympathetic to your interpretation of the topic. Tight symmetry is a
compositional element that should be used cautiously and sparingly, but it
worked well in this particular case.  The vivid color palette is very

Once again, you have demonstrated that you one of the (if not THE) premier
story tellers of our group.  I really wish Poser were a better program so
that its figures might do justice to the excellent work you do by way of

not a Poser fan, but I truly admire the job you do in transcending its
limitations.  Congratulations on another great entry.

image.  Just how many times DID you clone yourself?  Seriously, a really
nice job.